There are a number of different ways in which you can format your productions in GoldFynch. It also allows you to generate load files with your production, and customize the parameters included in the load files. The format of your production is set in Step 3 of the Production Wizard - Production Output.
Selecting a format will give you more information about it
The different formats that GoldFynch supports without load files are:
- Native files- File will be produced with the same format and content they had when uploaded, with no alterations like stamping or redactions (i.e. they will be identical to the files that were uploaded to GoldFynch)
- Page-based PDFs - Each page in a file will be produced as an individual PDF document
- Document-based PDFs - Each document (email, Word, Excel, etc.) will be produced as a PDF document
- Family-based PDFs - All files marked for production that belong to the same file family will be produced together in a single PDF file. We will use a couple of examples to further understand how documents will be clubbed and produced when this output option is selected.
- Situation 1: An email contains two attachments that all of them have the same family tag. Then in the output the email along with both the attachments will be produced as a single PDF.
- Situation 2: An email contains two attachments (attachment 1 and attachment 2), the email and attachment 1 have the same family tag, and attachment 2 does not have any tag. In this situation in the output, only the email with attachment 1 will be produced as a single PDF.
- Single, bulk PDF - All documents will be produced into a single large PDF file
Things to note about productions in general:
- Produced documents are renamed to match their Bates number assignment
- Documents that cannot be processed in the selected format are produced as native files (also renamed with their Bates numbers)
- Documents produced using the options above will be placed in a flat directory structure
- You have the option of choosing how to name your files if you choose the Native or the Document-based PDFs output formats (without load files). The options available are:
- Bates numbers (e.g. "ABC_001.pdf")
- Original file names (conflicts will be resolved by appending a count after the file like "file(1).pdf"
- Original file names prefixed with their bates numbers (e.g. "ABC_001-file(1).pdf")
The production formats that include load files are:
- Native files - Documents will be added as they were when they were uploaded
- Page-based TIFFs - The TIFF files generated are single-page, black & white images
- Page-based TIFFs with natives - Documents will be produced in both TIFF and native formats
- Document-based PDFs - Each document will be produced as a PDF document
- Document-based PDFs with natives - Each document will be produced in both PDF and native formats
Things to note about productions with load files:
- Produced native files, as well as PDFs, are placed in the "NATIVES" directory
- Text that is extracted from supported files is found in the "TEXTS" directory
- Produced TIFF files (which are single-page and black & white) are placed under the "IMAGES" directory
- Load files are found in the "DATA" folder
The data parameters in the load files can be customized, or you can use GoldFynch's defaults (with all available parameters, or the minimum number of parameters.) To learn more about customizing a load file's parameters, read this article.