Interested in getting an overview of files in your case based on file type, tags, email addresses, and other statistical information? View all this and more with GoldFynch's Analytics view.
Accessing the Analytics View
Step 1. Log in to Goldfynch and go to the case whose analytics you wish to view
Step 2. Click on the Analytics tab of the Overview screen
The information displayed by the analytics tool can be divided into the following categories:
- The total number of documents, pages, and size of the case
- The different types of files present along with the distribution of the documents by file type
- The various tags applied to documents and their distribution across documents in the case
- Files broken down by their roles in file families
- Sent-by and received-by emails for each individual email address in the case
- How many successfully and unsuccessfully-processed files are present against each cause of failure
- Primary Dates (along with an interactable timeline that can be used to specify a time range)
- Sent emails and Received emails distributed by date
Viewing Detailed Information
In the main analytics view only a subset of information is displayed for the following categories:
- File Types
- Top Email Senders and Receivers
- Primary Date Distribution
- Email Received Date Distribution
- Email Sent Date Distribution
To view the detailed information for any of these categories you will need to click the expand icon against the category.
For example, if you would like to view all tags associated with your case and their distribution, just click on the expand icon against the Tags subset as shown in the image below
Detailed Tag Information
Once the Tag subset is expanded you will be able to view:
- All the tags associated with your case
- The number of files a tag is attached to
- The percentage of tagged files that are assigned a particular tag
Similarly, you can view the detailed information for the other categories.
Filtering Information using the filter bar
Suppose you want to search for the word 'doc' in any of the categories on the analytics tab, you just have to type the word in the filter bar at the top of the page. The page will be filtered to show relevant information in each category.
Manipulating the Date Ranges
Do you want to view the Primary date distribution of the documents in your case for a particular timeline? All you need to do is drag the markers found on the timeline below the Primary date graph to fit the required time period.
For example, to view the Primary Date distribution for the time period from January 2007 to December 2009, we will drag the left marker on the timeline till January 2007 and the right marker to December 2009. You can see how this is done in the image below
Additionally, you can view the distribution on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis. Suppose you want to view the yearly distribution for the Email Received Date Distribution follow the steps given below:
Step 1. Click on the expand icon against the Email Received Date category
Step 2. Click on the drop-down at the top of the screen overlay and select the 'Yearly' option
Step 3. You will now be able to view the yearly distribution for the email received date category in the screen overlay
Both these functionalities are available for all the date related categories only analytics page. The other date-related categories are Email Received Date Distribution and Email Sent Date Distribution.