Here is how to perform searches across the domain component of email addresses with the 'domain' parameters.
Performing the search using the 'Advanced Search' view
1. Navigate to the 'Advanced Search' view by clicking on the button in the left pane
2. Click on the 'Create New Search' button
3. Click on the 'edit' icon (the pencil) or click anywhere in the condition box to enter the search criteria
4. Change the 'body' parameter to the '(field).address.domain' parameter you wish to use (e.g. "from.address.domain")
Note: The available domain fields are
5. Enter the domain that you want to search for (e.g. "gmail.com" or "usdoj.gov")
6. Click on the 'execute search' button
Performing the search using the Search bar
1. Click within the search bar at the top of your screen and type "(field).address.domain is (domain)" using the available domain fields as listed under (3) above, and the domain that you wish to search for (e.g. "goldfynch.com")
3. Hit the 'return' key
Viewing search results
As an example, the query of the search below was "to.address.domain = gmail.com"
- If you are searching for a domain, it's optional to use the"@" symbol
- After the "@" symbol, the domain will need an exact match to appear as results: you can search for "goldfynch.com" but "goldfynch" or "goldfynch.org" will provide no results
- This feature will only be available for documents uploaded after 1st June 2018. If you wish to have documents you uploaded earlier than this date to be included in domain searches, please contact email@example.com.
- You can sort your search results either by relevance or date or size. You can also narrow down the search results by using the filter options provided in the right panel. Click here's to learn how you can sort and filter your search results.