GoldFynch has a robust upload system, but there are certain cases in which files from certain operating systems or browsers may run into processing errors while uploading. Follow the steps listed below to make sure your files are uploaded without any hassle:
If your documents are already available as zip files:
- Open your case in GoldFynch and click on the 'Files' button in the left pane
- Navigate to the folder in GoldFynch to which you want to add the documents
- You can now upload your files in two ways:
Step 1. Click on the zip file on your desktop, drag it to the GoldFynch window of your browser, and release the button
Upload files button
Step 1. Click on the 'Upload files' button in the top right corner of your window and navigate to the folder on your computer that contains the zip file
Step 2. Double-click on the zip file
Step 3. Click on the 'Begin Upload' button in the window that pops up
If your documents are not already in zip files, here is how to zip them:
- Right-click on your file(s) and select "compress <filename>" (or "compress <x> files" for multiple files) in Mac or "send to compressed file" in Windows.
- The zip file will be created in the same folder. On Mac it will be named "Archive.zip", and on Windows it will have the name of the first item in the selection that was zipped.
- Follow the steps as listed above under "If your documents are already available as zip files"
If your documents are on a USB drive, here is how to get them onto GoldFynch:
- Plug in the USB drive and open it in Explorer
- Right-click on the file (or in the case of multiple files, select all of them then right-click on them) and click on copy
- Right-click on your desktop and click on paste
- Follow the steps as listed above under "If your documents are already available as zip files," or "If your documents are not already in zip files, here is how to zip them" as appropriate
Here are some helpful ways in which GoldFynch handles zip files:
- GoldFynch automatically unzips uploaded zipped files, extracts attachments from emails, and handles PST files (even if they are within zipped files)
- It even unzips zipped files within zipped files, so you can just zip your entire documents folder without worrying and transfer it to GoldFynch
- GoldFynch keeps your original folder structure intact, so all your documents will be located in their familiar locations