When typing out a search in the search bar, GoldFynch offers a number of smart search suggestions. These are suggestions based on file metadata - standardized document content such as dates and file information. The first line of results ion the drop-down bar display the smart search that will be carried out, which you can trigger by clicking on the line or hitting the 'return' button. Below is a list of all Smart Search types and how to trigger the smart search option.
1. Email Metadata: To trigger email specific metadata searches, use the metadata type and ":" character, followed by the search content. Supported metadata are
- subject: (for an email's subject)
2. Dates : Smart date searches are always triggered only after a year is entered. A whole date in the format mm/dd/yyyy can be entered or partial date with just mm/yyyy or just the year. Date searches can also be date ranges, combined with "to"
3. File Types (MIME Types) : Enter the first three letters of the file extension or file MIME type to trigger this search. All supported GoldFynch supported file format extensions will trigger a smart search. MIME types are as below:
- Email collection
- MS Office types
- Video (although video file processing is unsupported)
4. File Names: Enter any portion of the filename, GoldFynch will try and match all the files that have that search term in the file name and offer it as a suggestion.
More information on the smart searches can be found below: