Trying to find all emails to do with a particular series of meetings? Or those to/from a specific person? Goldfynch lets you search for them using the ‘subject’, ‘to’, ‘cc’ or ‘bcc’ email fields. (email metadata fields)
Tip: GoldFynch has special search capabilities for dates, emails, file types etc. These filters are activated by the ':' character. As you type the search bar will offer suggestions that you can choose from, so give it a second to populate and fill out the drop down (like the images below..
Using the ‘from:’ filter to search for emails from a particular email address
- Search for emails from a particular email address, e.g. enter from:email@example.com in the search bar
Search for emails from a particular person
- Search for emails from a particular email address, e.g. enter from:john in the search bar
Find emails based on Subject
- Search for emails using the “subject” filter. E.g. "subject:meeting"
Find emails using the "cc" filter
Search for emails using the cc: filter, e.g. "cc:firstname.lastname@example.org"
Tip: Goldfynch lets you use partial names or subjects when searching:
- When searching for a name (in “from”, “to”, “cc”, or “bcc”), both partial and full names will work (e.g. “to: Jon Smith” or “to: jon”).
- When searching for email subjects, part of a subject will work (e.g. “subject: meeting today” or “subject: today”
Short video on searching with email filters.
- Searching for File Types (with Extensions and MIME Types)
- What Ediscovery Software Should I Buy? Ask These 4 Questions to Save Your Small Law Firm Time and Money.
- Is Your Clients’ Data Safe? Cloud Computing to the Rescue for Small Law Firms.
- Can Ediscovery Tools Make You a Better Lawyer?
- Ediscovery: How it Works, and Why It Will Help Keep Your Small Law Firm Relevant
- Announcing New Case Plans! Here’s What That Means and How It Will Save You Money.
- How to Land a Big Case as a Small Law Firm
- GoldFynch moves to Google Cloud
- Codings' and Our Improved Tagging System
- How to Change Your GoldFynch Case Plan