If you upload a ZIP or PST file, it is possible to delete the originally-uploaded file once the contents are extracted in order to save space. To do so, follow the steps below.
The original container file is not required by GoldFynch to review, search, redact, or produce any of the contents.
Note: Instead of deleting individual container files you can delete all the container files by the reclaim case space functionality. Click here to learn how to do it.
- Deleting of your uploaded container files is not recommended if:
- You need to be able to download for (record keeping) or natively produce the container file
- You need the each extracted items metadata about which container file it was extracted from originally
- GoldFynch will be unable to re-extract the contents if an issue is discovered with the extracted contents (e.g. an improper filename encoding or missed metadata)
- Only remove the container file these steps once all 3 conditions below are satisfied:
- the uploaded file appears as a blue folder
- a 'View Container File' link beside it becomes visible and when
- the "processing" sign next to the container file disappears
Steps to Delete the container file
Step 1. Log into your GoldFynch account and access your case
Step 2. Navigate to the 'Files' view by clicking on the "Files" button in the left panel
Step 3. (skip this step if your file has already been uploaded and extracted) Upload your files to GoldFynch (learn more about the upload process here) and wait for the extraction process to complete (i.e. all of the following occur):
- The uploaded ZIP or PST file appears as a blue folder
- The 'View Container File' link appears beside the (blue container) folder
- The "processing" sign next to the container file disappears
Step 4. Navigate to the location where you uploaded the file to and click on the 'View container file.' This will take you to the 'Docs' view of the originally uploaded file
Step 5. Click on the 'Delete this container file' button
Step 6. Read through the warning message. If you still wish to delete the (originally-uploaded container) file, check the checkbox and click on the 'Delete' button
If you want to move the files instead, learn how to do so here.